Elder's "friend" in Southern Utah informed Tori that she was in foster care. This prompted me to find out who her case worker was and make sure the "friend's" parents were aware that she had taken the missionary discussions and gave permission for her baptism. (religious affiliation is a parental right, by state law. Foster parents are not allowed to make decisions regarding a child's religion without the approval of the parent) The worker responded very simply and thanked me for the info. She had just become aware of the planned baptism herself. She asked if I could show evidence that Elder and his "friend" had contact via internet. So I sent portions of conversations that I was aware of. She thanked me again and the next day asked me if I could provide contact information for Elder. I sought the information, but didn't put too much effort into it. One of the young ladies Elder met while in Cedar City did not want to give me his phone number without his permission due to the circumstances between Tori and Elder. I completely understood. I told her I didn't want to cause a fuss over it. If I got it fine, if I didn't fine too. Turned out Tori had his phone number and was able to discern his address from a photo of his mission call.
This information provided supporting information regarding rumors the worker had been hearing about "friend." I am not aware of what they were. I had contact with Elder right before this occurred and warned him about being careful regarding his relationship with his "friend." I even reminded him that he would be held more accountable since he had been to the temple. I suggested he be her friend as in "acquaintance" but continued to caution him to "be careful." He wasn't very happy about this and defended himself and his friend. Whatever he wants to do, it is his choice, but I again reminded him to be careful.
When the caseworker informed me she was opening an investigation, I told her I was worried this was going to be messy for me and Tori. She reassured me by stating that what was happening on facebook was the least of the worries for this young girl. Within 48 hours, Elder sent a message and told me that I should be worrying about my own family and not his. He is angry at me again. Today, Tori informed me that Elder's father had dropped her as a friend. I think he has dropped me too.
Well, I know the worker has 30 days to complete the investigation, unless an extension is requested and then up to 90 days. Whatever it is, I hope it isn't due to behaviors of Elder. I can assume things, but that would be unfair to both Elder and his "friend." In the mean time--I will have to give thought to Elder's accusation toward me and await judgement on what I have done. Thus far though, I feel no guilt and I'm still glad Tori communicated with him while he was a "greenie."
1 comment:
I'm glad I communicated with him too. It sucks that all this crap had to happen so draisticly. but no fear. LOVE YA MOM <3
Post a Comment