Thursday, January 28, 2010

26 YEARS!

Photobucket



Twenty-six years ago, I went to the LDS temple to receive my endowment.  It was the first anniversary of my wedding to Brian, my soul mate. Savanna was only a couple of months old and we had to have a babysitter, but I cannot remember who watched her!

I remember waking up with panic that morning and telling Brian that I just wasn't worthy to go to the temple. He laughed and assured me that I was ok and perfectly prepared to go to receive my endowment. But I just kept getting sicker and sicker. I soooo wanted to throw up whenever I thought about what I was getting dressed for. Brian was excited to go, but seemed more concerned about me making it there.

I remember complaining to Brian as we approached the temple doors, that someone will object to my presence there that day, still convinced that I wasn't worthy to be there. But Brian took my hand and led me through the big glass doors just as a large wave of nausea overwhelmed me. The little old man at the entrance desk saw me and hurried (like they can really move very fast!) to my side. He pointed us over to the right and introduced us to the temple president. The temple president escorted Brian and I together into a small office where he asked what was happening. We kinda explained how I was feeling and he also assured me that I was in the Lord's house on the very day I was meant to be there.


I felt much better after that and we moved forward with all the preparations for my endowment. I remember meeting with the temple president's wife and the advice I received regarding the LDS garment. When Brian escorted me into the celestial room, all of his family were waiting for us. I remember someone making a statement of how radiant I looked as I entered. I have often thought about that statement and how I had almost backed out of attendance that day. Oh, what I would have missed out on! I was able to accept promises from my Father in Heaven in exchange for my commitment to obey His commandments and follow his law.

It was the beginning to a beautiful relationship between myself and my Heavenly Father. It was also the continued conviction that my husband loved me with all he had and truly wanted me to share in the blessings of the temple. Two weeks from that day...we became an eternal family. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

Photobucket

No comments:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy