Thursday, October 14, 2010

HOW I SEE MYSELF


I am really new at using Mama Kats Writer's Workshop and for the past two weeks have been traumatized by the suggested topics. I could not respond to them! What could I possibly write about that? This week's prompts included the idea of posting a photo to show how I see myself inside. Maybe I could actually come up with something around that concept. hmmm....ummmmm....no, maybe not.

I looked through some images, trying to get a 'feel' for who I am inside. But in order to search images, I needed to give info to the search engine.  So I turned inside out and exposed myself for what I really am--Fearful, Suspicious, Insecure, Foolish, Old, Lazy, and Fat. Such words are not associated with beautiful images. But that really is who I am... I decided I look like this:


This is me. Inside.

I am a bowl of wet noodles. I am a wuss in life and I let it manipulate me until I turn to mush. I am fragile. I don't like to stretch outside of my comfort zone. But I know what I was created for--to nourish. (Unless I am cooked too long under the pressures of life. Then I am good for filling up empty space, but not so good at nourishment.)

My sister on the other hand, has a wonderful disposition on life. She greets everything with a cheery 'can do' attitude. In fact, she often responds with "I'm just ducky" if asked how she is doing. Thus, the image of a cute little ducky, swimmin' in the water. My sister will even admit to what she is really saying--calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy underneath. My sister would view that little duck as enjoying an early morning swim. I view that duck as just trying to stay afloat.

So I decided to use the image of my sister instead of me...hers is  cuter! Can you see a resemblance?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

The Writer's Workshop are a lot of fun! I've been doing them for a while now and honestly probably half of my blog posts are them!

Heather Hart said...

I just joined the writers workshop a few weeks ago too! I know what you mean about it being tough to come up with responses to the prompts. My posts pail in comparison to most of the others that I have read...

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy