Tigger's Aunt Jayne hosted a bridal party for her at our home!. I think Tigger was nervous prior to everyone arriving because she was suddenly aware of the flies that had gotten into the home with the door open. She killed all but one and she chased that one around until her first guests began to arrive.
We were able to accomodate everyone by sliding the sofa all the way from the family room to the kitchen counter and then we used all the dining room chairs in addition to the three counter stools. Jayne, Tigger's cousin Shannon, and her cousin Sarah did a great job! I have only been to a few bridal showers and I hate them. In fact, I believe Tigger's shower is the only one of my daughter's that I attended! The first thing Jayne had the group do is to try to answer questions about Tigger~ like her favorite color, primary song, childhood toy etc. That was fun. Then we stared at a serving tray with all kinds of candy on it. We only got to see it for 30 seconds and then we had to write a story about The Actor and Tigger, using the names of the candy that we could remember. We were divided into groups for this activity and my group one!! Tigger said it was very close to their true story! Then we got to answer questions about The Actor in the same manner that we did Tigger. That was also fun, and I discovered I know quite a few things about that young man!
Afterward, there was some visiting and unfortunately, Aunt Jayne, Sarah, Shannon, and Aunt Tamara left before I got to thank them. The Actor's mom visited with me for a while. We showed her what I will be wearing at the wedding, which isn't a big deal ~ just a black dress with a camisole beneath it and then a sweater to cover my arms. Ladybug also was able to show how the bridesmaid dresses will look.
At the end, the Actor's mom asked about my anxiety, which I tried to explain to her. Even when I attempt to do that, I don't believe anyone really understands the extent that it interferes with my life. But I tried.
Afterward, Tigger was very tired and then toward the evening she wasn't feeling well at all. She even felt a little feverish. But today is Sunday and she had her temple interview today so she is feeling very, very well!!! Yea!!

No comments:
Post a Comment