google images lolzombie.com
It has occurred once more! I survived another year on the planet called Earth. It is customary that those of us who call Earth home create new 'to-do' lists at the beginning of every year. Most of us will give up trying to accomplish those lists by the end of February. Others will hold out through July. Never-the-less we create our lists and immediately regret adding number 3, which has been there every year since 1972 and has yet to be crossed off.
I do not make lists like this. I have been taught that a goal is not a goal unless you write it down. I don't want to discourage anybody, but why should I have any goals at this point in life?
I worked really hard and lost a lot of weight. I reached a weight I felt good at and loved the way I looked, but I didn't feel any happier. It didn't make any kind of difference in my life.
I worked really hard and achieved a Master's Degree, but it didn't make a difference in my pay. I guess that is what they call working for the state.
I already have a great home, not too small and not too big. I already have a great husband, great daughters, great sons-in-law, and great (as in OSM!) grandchildren. I enjoy my job, although not so much the hours.
I have a great calling/expectation in my church. I feel good about how I am handling my life right now. I successfully removed some medications and have actively taken part in creating a healthier me, although that is going slow due to some rebelling discs in my back.
I'm sure some may judge me to be too irreverent and too opinionated, but I still feel OK about myself. I don't necessarily like what I see in the mirror, but that is because I see my sweet mother and I know her thoughts would be much different than mine. I do not desire to have any type of surgical procedure to change this, so I will just keep it.
Well, I guess what I am saying is that it is 2012 and I am still here, still me, still ready to kick your ass if you mess with my kids, my grandkids, my hubby, my electric blanket, or interfere with my source of ice cream. If you can remember those few requirements, we can all have a happy new year!
Oh, and good luck on your list.

No comments:
Post a Comment