I chose to travel to Arizona to see my favorite author as he shared a message of identity. As we have often heard, we are not mortal beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings experiencing mortality. Mr. Dekker makes a great analogy when he speaks about how we achieve our identity. He spoke about his first love and how he felt like a loser, a nothing when she broke up with him. He had put all of his hopes and dreams on her shoulders and without her he was nothing. Later he would learn this was not true and his first love would eventually become his wife!! Dekker makes a point of how we identify ourselves by what type of car we drive, what type of titles we receive. What we look like, what job we have etc. But these are all costumes, he said. These are just costumes we wear from day-to-day that hide our true identities. He used scripture and reminded us of who we really are! We are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father! A Heavenly Father who loves us! He doesn't judge us, he loves us. Dekker portrayed the prodigal son with a beautiful twist about the story really being about the Father's love. Despite anything we do, our Father loves us! I really enjoyed his presentation!! Luckily, someone taped nearly an entire presentation, not the one in Arizona so it isn't the exact one I attended but many of the stories he shares were the same. I think I have to take the time to discover the source of the flame for myself. (This recording is at the bottom of post and can be found/seen on You Tube: Ted Dekker Outlaw Tour)
I came across the follow post recently and thought it was so similar to what Dekker's idea was that I clicked on this person's FaceBook page and saw the he too, is a public speaker hoping to shed light on who we really are! I am so grateful for people like this who share their spiritual beliefs. I have changed some of the words to make his writing more applicable for me personally:
I suffer from a form of AMNESIA.I forget who I am all the time. This has happened all my life.There are times that I think I am just a girl named Karen. I get lost in my fears, my weaknesses and insecurities. I get stuck in all the doubts I have about myself and feel defined by all the failures from throughout my life.
Sometimes I lose sight of who I am and try living based on what other people think I should be. Sometimes I think I am the car I drive, the house I live in, the clothes I wear. Sometimes I think I am defined by the money that I have, the titles that I have, or the things that I have done.
Sometimes I look in the mirror and think that the body I see is me. wrinkles under my eyes, sagging chin, droopy left eye, flat nose... and I wish I were someone else.I think my EGO is the source of this AMNESIA. Always trying to define me, judge me, compare me.... limit me and make me believe that I am just another person.
BUT THIS IS NOT WHO I TRULY AM.I AM an immortal and eternal DAUGHTER of GOD with divine and unlimited potential. I stand as the NOBILITY of the UNIVERSE. A Princess. An Heir. Destined to be a Queen.I am not just what I have, or what I've done... I am more than my things, I am more than my accomplishments. This BODY that I wear, is just a temporary vehicle that carries inside a spirit that has no beginning and no end.
I AM INFINITE POSSIBILITY.When I remember who I REALLY AM. I am unstoppable. Anything is possible.But I forget all the time. Everyday life simply seems to be a journey of trying to REMEMBER.
I know you probably forget who you are too sometimes... Perhaps you have never really fully seen your true greatness. If you are stuck in the slumber and illusion that says that you are weak, or small, or insignificant, or incapable.... then my invitation is for you to AWAKEN to your brilliance and your own divine and eternal nature.Realize that anything that is holding you back is simply because of a LIE that you have believed because of this amnesia you have been experiencing.
(THROW OUT THOSE COSTUMES!)
When you see yourself for who you truly are... can you imagine what is possible?AWAKE and REMEMBER.You are amazing. My mission is to simply remind you of that."you have one life to live, Live BIG."
Ted Dekker's Outlaw Tour
No comments:
Post a Comment