Each of my sisters and I received some funds from the estate of our Uncle, who died in January 2009. Donna paid debt, Teresa tried to pay debt but her taxes destroyed that plan, and Brian wanted to pay debt. But I convinced him to let me complete the wood floor I have been claiming I would do for the past 10 years. If you know me, my projects can create quite a mess.
Our new floor will cover the entry way, the family room, the kitchen, and the hallway. We tore up the old floor because I wanted a little bigger plank to be used. Then, due to the length of the staples, we had to saw off the ends of the staples in order for me to be able to use the salvaged wood. I plan to place it in the front room, along with a few granite tiles and a border. So...after we take down the Christmas tree, my front room will be torn apart. Whooooo Hoooo! So much fun!
It took two days for the contractor to lay the new floor, but after the first day I found a chipped board and wanted it removed. It was located out in the middle of the photo below. Apparently they weren't very happy about having to do this--but they did anyway--and became more aware of the need to watch for such things. When they came across another board that appeared a little 'iffy' Meredeth told them to put it right in front of my bedroom door so I would remember EVERY DAY that they removed that piece of wood from the middle of the half-finished floor...LOL. At least we now have the couch back in the room as well as the TV so we don't feel like we are being so punished!
2 comments:
love it! looks great!
LOVE it cant wait to come see it in person maybe in January all by my self.
Post a Comment