Wow! way behind on the blog! Lets see...last I wrote I was going to Thanksgiving at my sister's home in Thermopolis. I made it. I let Brian drive all the way! I did have to make a comment on how he waits too long to change lanes to go around a slower vehicle. Other than that, I think I did great! Took my swimsuit with me and intended seriously to go to the thermal springs. However, my sister Donna doesn't like to drive between Meteetsee and Cody after dark. This is due to her car accident when she hit a deer and rolled her car. So Brian and I offered to drive dad (grandpa) back to the care center. There were tons of deer between Thermopolis and Cody! Saw some pretty big bucks too. They walk through Cody as though it is their personal wildlife reserve!
By the time we returned to Thermopolis it was quite late (late for me anyway) and with an accompanying headache, I chose to return to our room and go to bed...so unfortunately, I did not follow through with the swimming. Overall it was a good trip. Better than last year. Grandpa was somewhat wobbly but seemed more sure of himself than last year when he came with Mary. Of course we were pretty rude to Mary last year so no one was very comfortable. I think Grandpa's favorite part of getting out of the care center is seeing the dogs. He loves the dogs. It doesn't matter whose dog it is, or what kind it is, he loves them. Although he asked us to drive down a certain street looking for a specific person's car, we were unable to find it. Then he had us stop by Margaret's home. He hopped out of the car and said he would be right back, but he was walking too fast and nearly fell. I hopped out and had him hold onto the side of a pick up truck that was parked there. I knocked on the door for him but no one answered. Then I noticed Margaret coming in grandpa's old van. Margaret was very kind and promised to take grandpa to walmart the next day, but it didn't happen. I could smell alcohol on everyone who was with her so it was not surprising that she didn't take him. She probably doesn't even remember the conversation! At least grandpa got to see Princess, his dog. He feels Princess is happy with Margaret and is glad she is willing to keep her.
Oh yeah, on the way out of town to head toward Cody, Grandpa was talking about a dr. appointment he had just prior to Thanksgiving. He said he asked the doctor, and the doctor told him if he and Mary wanted to have s-e-x then they could go ahead and it is nobody's business! Tori happened to be traveling with us and I looked at her but she seemed not to be listening. whew! AWKWARD!
No comments:
Post a Comment