Ladybug and Tigger have become nostalgic in remembering stupid things I say. Their favorite right now is "things happen in the grass!" According to rumor, I arrived home to find Ladybug and her fabulous four friends lying on the front lawn. Not doing anything, but then again, when are teens actually doing anything when we are looking? I apparently chastised the kids for being in a supine position and goofing off. They all remember me saying "things happen in the grass!"
Once when I was a Laurel teacher in the Young Women's Program, I taught a lesson on marriage to the few girls who attended. I brought small lamps and discussed the difference between the brilliance of a 100 watt bulb compared to a 60 watt bulb. The moral of the story was..." I hope each of you marry a man you deserve and not some "dim watt"! That was probably the dumbest lesson I ever gave, but each of the girls left that day with a small lamp containing a 100 watt bulb!
I think every girl who ever lived in my home knew the difference between a 'weiner boy' and a 'real winner boy'! Weiner boys always wore big baggy pants that I called swimming pool pants (cause you never knew what was swimming around down there!) The girls were plainly told that boys who wear such loose fitting clothing do it for one purpose only--easy access. So far so good. None of them have taken to a weiner boy. If I could only contact them all--I'd love to know how many winners they captured!
Favorite sayings my mom used were; "he isn't worth a bucket to piss in." and "he ain't worth the boobs on a bore!" Mind you, she never once said such things about my winner man! I think the girls should all write comments on dumb things they remember me saying or things I said that really taught them a lesson. And Tigger you can't use the time you made me laugh so hard I cried and you kept trying to uncover my face! I told you 'don't look at me when I'm stupid!" Let's see how many more weird things their mother said...
No comments:
Post a Comment