Every so often I get started on something and then forget to come back to it. For example, leave it to "T" to repeatedly ask about Grandma's table. Of course this is appropriate since the table was on its way to T's house when it missed a turn and ended up in Utah with me! ;)
So here are a few photos of the process of bringing Grandma's table back to life:
So that was a taste of what the poor baby looked like and what I then put it through! Notice the pedestal of the table is actually broken! I had the second piece though, so I glued it together. Tori and Meredeth are so proud of me for doing this because I actually used carpenter's wood glue. Now that may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but in my house and in my hands it is a rare experience. You see, I happen to believe that artificial finger nail glue is the next best thing to duct tape! That glue will hold anything together! In fact, a few of my cabinet pulls are still not screwed into place but are being held by the acrylic glue! LOL... like I said I sometimes forget to come back to projects I have started.
Anyway...Here is the table after I finished.....There are two chairs completed too, but I failed to take photos of them. Hmmmm...I might need someone to remind me about that when the weather warms up!





No comments:
Post a Comment