Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ANOTHER PROM GOWN


I finally sat and altered the prom gown so Tigger wouldn't have to wear a sweater or a shrug! But Wait!  Did you know long gowns are hemmed to fit girls who are 5' 9" tall? What is Tigger--5' 4"? Her height meant it would have to be hemmed, which is more difficult than it sounds. But Wait! Tigger and I came up with a different plan! I finished just as Tigger returned home from picking up her date's boutenierre. Perfect timing!

Soooo this is what the original gown looked like:

And this is how it looked going to Prom:

 

Yeaaaaaa! I did it! Gotta admit though, I would have liked more time to work on those sleeves! Tigger fit the dress perfectly--sophisticated with a little umph! Hope she had a great time!

No comments:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy