Thursday, April 29, 2010


Yesterday I had some rolling panic attacks as I headed for work. I arrived late at the office I was assigned to be at but I was able to complete my tasks and responsibilities. One of my co-workers immediately offered to do anything that would make it easier for me, she left messages on my phone but I was traveling/driving and was unaware of them until I arrived at the assigned office. After looking at my work load for the office, I told her I felt I could handle it. In her phone messages, she had offered to exit my audit if I could email my data to her. Then she called back and stated that if I could just get my computer to the office, I could leave and go back home. I appreciated the offer, but assured her I felt I could do it. It only took me an hour maybe. I finished up some misspelled words and other nonsensical busy work and then notified my supervisor that I was heading home.

Today, a different co-worker asked me about how we planned to complete another region within the state. I did not understand what she meant by that comment and sought clarification. She explained that she knew I hated to travel and was just offering an alternative in order for me to avoid 'the headache.'
I checked my work load for that region and said if she was willing to exit those cases, I didn't mind. I asked if she had discussed it with our supervisor and she said yes. It turned out that she had discussed it with the previously mentioned co-worker as well as our supervisor. If I did not go, either the other co-worker or my supervisor would need to go in my place! Noooooo! I can do my job! If you want to exit for me while you are there exiting your own audit, that is one thing--but I don't need anyone going in my place. I'm fully capable of doing it!

Another thing happened today. A co-worker identified that she had been asked to complete a different type of audit for an entire week which is coming up. I told her I usually did not do that type of review in that area of the state unless they are desperate. She responded by saying they are very desperate. Hmmmm. I checked my email and I had not been asked to be involved in the review. Odd.

Later this afternoon, when I arrived home, I checked my email again. The worker responsible for assigning the second type of audit had finally sent me an email. I was informed that he had just talked to his supervisor and she wanted me to lead a review in that area, and then be available for backup on the second half of the week. My response was "that is fine."

So now I feel like everyone in my office is trying to baby me through my assignments because I had panic attacks yesterday morning. Now all of a sudden I am incapable of completing my assignments two weeks and three weeks from now!!! It irritates me. I'm sure the ADA is not meant to create such an environment.  Just had to get that off my chest!

No comments:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy