Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day (Butt Day!)


My hubby has a wonderful talent for picking the perfect card to celebrate special occasions. Being mother's day, it didn't surprise me to find a card lying on my bed when I awoke Sunday afternoon. (Yea, I really slept in past 12:00)  Brian could write these cards himself,  but he buys and then adds the perfect personal note. But this year, there was something different about it...

It came in a sealed envelope. What does that mean? It truly is different, normally he just tucks the flap in and doesn't go through the torture of licking the spicy glue on the envelope! THIS mother's day, I deserved a SEALED envelope!!

I pondered that for what seemed an eternity before I opened it. What could a sealed envelope really reveal about how my hubby feels about me?

I thought WOW. I am loved! Then I read the card...

It was perfect. It reflected years of love toward me not just as the mother of his children and not just for being his wife and sweetheart, but for everyday we have had together. I still bring a sparkle to his eye, a skip to his heart and a smile in his life. THAT made getting out of bed on THIS mother's day worth it!

How could I possibly have gained enough luck to be SEALED to this man and his children forever and all eternity!

No comments:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy