It appears I have moved back into the position where I am offending my girls again. I've gotten 'in trouble' by Tigger and Ladybug has changed her routine to the extent I rarely get a "good night!" from her anymore (except on late nights with her guy friend, then she lets me know she is home.)
One of my friends has been in marital therapy for the past three years. She has decided to legally separate from her husband. She hasn't decided if it will lead to a divorce yet. I am disappointed in her husband's behavior. I used to feel he kept her feet on the ground, kept her stable and thinking clearly but that ended months ago when I learned he was exhibiting an explosive temper. Several broken windshields, holes in the walls and intimidation was not part of the agreement when they married.
Another friend has expressed concern about the way her husband treats her and their children. It is another situation where intimidation and manipulation is used, but the children and my friend end up being the victims to the husband's selfish demands. None of this was planned or indicated to my friend prior to their marriage.
I feel guilty because I supported both of my friends in their choices of mates and now my friends are both unhappy. My daughter has a guy friend she is becoming close to and I am frightened about how things will turn out. My youngest daughter is starting to date for a mate at this point. She is exploring what she would like in a husband. One of my friends, indicated it is very hard comparing her own marriage to the marriage and relationship I have with my own husband. We do not have disagreements very often--probably one every 10 years or so.
If I am so blessed in my relationship, why was I so wrong about my friends? I guess I do what is normal for me: feel guilty and cry over it, but keep my mouth shut if possible. These are good times to isolate within my room with the electric blanket set on 90!

No comments:
Post a Comment