Thursday, January 13, 2011

STARRING...





Have you ever considered who you would want to portray yourself if a movie was ever made of your life? I asked this question to my sisters recently and we couldn't come to a consensus on the actors. Of course I don't think there really was a question regarding who would portray our parents. Let me introduce you to our mom and dad:






We always saw our father as strongly opinionated and stubborn. Mom would seem to worry about making sure he was comfortable (much like Edith bringing Archie his beer) but she always held her own opinions. And she really was nice and sweet just like Edith.



My older sister is a good mix of our parents-stubborn but sweet. But is she more stubborn or more sweet? Hard to tell at times, and she can change instantaneously. Here is who I chose to represent my older sister Aunt T:







My younger sister also is a good mix of our mom and dad. She definitely looks like our mom and has many of her mannerisms. It is quite spooky to spend time in her presence after a long period apart. One thing that is great about my younger sister is her ability to quickly give a good 'come back' in any situations. Laughter gets pretty loud, so without further delay let me introduce you to my younger sister Aunt D:







Trying to determine who would play my part was harder than I thought. I leaned toward one actress and then another and then went with someone who is as nutty as I am. But first I wanted to share with you how I USED TO BE. As a former foster parent, our household rules were very rigid and strict. Although it was hard on all of the kids - they have all grown into great young ladies and continue to attempt to make smart choices. Most of them are now trying to create their own households and determine where the line ends between being a buddy and being a spouse (or parent). Here is a glimpse of how I feel I parented. I must place a disclaimer at this point in defense of myself. I believe a child only needs to be told once. And then they may need one reminder. After that, the wild, crazy person who resides deep inside my brain emerges and attempts to get the child to pay attention!







But I have changed my ways as I've aged. All the children are grown and now it is their responsibility to teach. Unfortunately, I have not felt the assurity that those who live among us are as smart as my own kids are. Therefore; the wild, crazy person who used to reside deep inside my brain has taken over most of my days. There are times the Nemesis is extremely difficult to control, but I have learned to successfully fool everyone into believing I still have my head on partly straight. Until something spooks me unexpectedly. Here is a peek into my real world:







Well yeah, those who know me know I survive with a little help from the physician. However, if you know me really well, you also know that the OSM one easily keeps me safe, secure, and sane (ok maybe the sane part comes and goes but we make a great pair!) Here is a great introduction to the OSM one. He's lost a little of his accent since his mission but I still believe all he would need is a nice hat, a good leather vest and he could pass for this actor's twin:







Man! just seeing him on screen brings back memories of the Aussie and his Ugg boots! I am so glad he rescued me 30 years ago!

1 comment:

Melissa R said...

I Love you. that made me laugh thanks. and I agree with your family as actors. to funny

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy