A long time ago, in September of 2010, I introduced you to the Freaky Guyyyy. Well, He's Baaaaack!
New transportation systems allow me to catch the Frontrunner train within blocks of my home. Once I arrive at North Temple, I switch over to the Trax train that heads out to the SLC airport. Freaky Guy is now on my North Temple route!!
I recognized him right away. He is still wearing the huge sunglasses and a sunhat. His hat is now a formal wide brimmed hat meant to keep the sun off of the ears and neck. His other hat was meant to keep his ears warm during the fall and winter. He still dresses the same, with his big boots and the polo pullover, AND he still has a button-down shirt pulled over him. The only difference is he has trimmed back his beard so he appears cleaner. Still carries the bag and wears his employee badge around his neck. We successfully avoided each other the first few days of awareness.
This week, as I arrived at the top of the escalator on North Temple, Freaky Guy was standing right there! I scanned my badge and went to stand in the corner between the elevator and the wind barrier. He would occasionally turn and look at me and I would pretend not to notice him. Then he went to scan his own badge and as he returned to the bag he had left on the ground, he said to me, "Not much shade is there?" To which I responded, "Definitely not!"
Luckily, Trax arrived just at that time, so Freaky Guy picked up his bag and headed to the car right in front of us. I didn't want it to be too obvious that I was avoiding him, so I followed him onto the same car. He took the first seat in the handicap portion of the car, which is right inside the doors. I was NOT going to sit next to him!!
I quickly factored in that the handicapped seats are four seats back to back, so I went the opposite side to sit behind him. Due to the neck brace I am wearing following surgery, I was bent over assuring myself of the location I was going to place my butt. I felt assurred I would not fall, so I turned to back toward the seat. As I turned, I stood face-to-face with a NEW FREAKY GUYYYYYYY!!!
A quiet Viewnamese man stood there and looked me right in the eye. And he kept looking me right in the eye until I sat down, then he sat right next to me!! AUGHHHHH! He did not speak english very well but asked where I was going. I learned where he was celebrating the fourth of july fireworks and what stop he was getting off at. Which happened to be the same one I get off at. OH BOY!!
The new Freaky Guy told me he was from Vietnam, he was wearing old denims of a no-name brand, an old dirty t-shirt and a plaid long-sleeve shirt over it. This shirt was not flannel though, it was a nice shirt but faded. He smelled of cigarette smoke and had a pack of Pall-Mall in his shirt pocket. (red, cardboard box of cigarettes) Old tennies and an old back pack!! Aughhhh!! GLAD THAT IS OVER!!Well, I learned something about not appearing too vulnerable and to pay attention to your surroundings by a man in our ward who has military as well as personal protection/security training. So here is my cartoon of the new FREAKY GUYYY, who unfortunately freaked me out more than the OLD FREAKY GUYYY!


No comments:
Post a Comment