![]() |
| LDS Maeser Art - by a very talented son-in-law |
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/proclamation-on-the-family
In June 2015 the First Presidency of the Church released a letter to be read to congregations throughout the world. It begins: "Because of the recent decision of the United States Supreme Court and similar legal proceedings and legislative actions in a number of countries that have given civil recognition to same-sex marriage relationships, the Council of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints restates and reaffirms the doctrinal foundation of Church teachings on morality, marriage, and the family. As we do, we encourage all to consider these teachings in the context of the Plan of Salvation and our Heavenly Father's purposes in creating the earth and providing for our mortal birth and experience here as His children." http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/top-church-leaders-counsel-members-after-supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-decision
In August 2015, Michael Otterson, head of the Church Public Affairs Department gave an enlightening speech at the FairMormon Conference. In his speech, Mr. Otterson made the following observation: "...Can members have their own views on this topic and still stay faithful to the Church? That's a question we hear often, and it arises from a number of different scenarios. Can a member be a Democrat and a good Mormon? That one makes me smile, because if the members who ask it could travel to some countries of the world and meet faithful members of the Church who belong to their national communist parties I fear their blood pressure might be permanently damaged. Can I believe in women's rights and be a good Mormon? Can I think that our hymnals might benefit from a good revision? If I sometimes think that every minute of our three-hour block isn't entirely inspirational, am I on the road to apostasy?" http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/full-transcript-michael-otterson-address-at-fair-mormon-conference
I am Mormon - Hear me ROAR!

No comments:
Post a Comment