Saturday, May 15, 2010

XANAX!


Right now is a very busy time for me. We are ending FY2010 Case Process Reviews for Child Welfare and have just returned from St George. (What a waste of time, the workers are all overworked and unable to take time to meet with us, so we meet with supervisors instead, if they have time. THEN regional administration wants to meet with us and know what their statistics are. AUGHHHH! That isn't even possible because 1. there has been no editing, and 2. because our manager is the one who crunches numbers, not us!)  This coming week will be the final region for the Qualitative Case Reviews of Child Welfare. Then it will be time to focus on the Annual Report to the Legislature.  They can request a copy at any time, including July 1st! THAT is the biggest item of pressure for me every year!

But this year, we add a high school graduation into the mix. Tori is finally 18! She will graduate on 27May2010. My dad has talked about this graduation for many years. I pointed out to my sisters that he has often talked of attending Tori's graduation but not the grandchildren following her.

So I have been working with the care center in Cody to prepare for my Dad's trip to Utah. He is on oxygen now 24 hours a day, so it was determined I would need 9 oxygen tanks to bring with me for the duration. If I get them from our local supplier, I will have to pay for them at about $20 a tank! I asked the respiratory therapist if I would need to have a hazard sticker on my vehicle to carry that much oxygen, but was assured I wasn't carrying enough to need one!

Meredeth is now dating a young man quite steadily and it looks like there is a possibility of future plans with him. However, one can never be too sure about these things, so it just remains a source of anxiety for me. One day I admitted to Meredeth that I didn't think I was ready for another wedding from our family. I'm already under too much pressure so I don't think I can do this right now. She just laughed at me...What does that mean?

Tori has received contact from Elder. Yea, THAT Elder. She has been having similar impressions as she did when he was serving in our area. It was kinda freakin' her a little bit. But then she received an email from him and she was able to relax. In fact she is very happy he has contacted her. I have an opposite opinion. I worry he is simply working strings again and Tori will become the puppet. I notified his father and asked if he was aware Elder had contacted Tori. At the time, he wasn't aware but after receiving my message, asked Elder directly, who stated he was following advice from his therapist.

I'm tired! I need to see some good movies at the theater and isolate myself for a while. I need some good sleep! I need to finish that #%! floor in my front room! I need more XANAX!!

No comments:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy